What Is It?
Learn in front, rear and four wheel drive rally cars on a specialised course that teaches rally driving techniques to give you an excellent understanding of the physics of tarmac rallying. Our purpose built tarmac rally stage offers challenging corners, blind crests, off-camber bends and up and downhill sections. You’ll get the most driving time in a brilliant selection of fully prepared rally cars, put simply, there is no better way to hone your tarmac rally skills.
- Kris Meeke - Driver with Citroen World Rally Team 2014 and 2015
- Petter Solberg - 2014 World Rallycross Champion, 2003 World Rally Champion
- Oliver Solberg - Petter’s son, drove here in 2008 aged 6. Our youngest ever driver!
- Daniel McKenna - 2014 British Rally Champion and Junior World Rally Championship competitor
- Niall McShea - Former Production World Rally Champion, currently driving for Skoda China
- Sam and Josh Moffett - 2015 European Rally Championship competitors
- Stephen Wright - 2014 Motorsport Ireland Young Rally Driver of the Year
- Derek Tohill - European Rallycross Champion in 2010 and 2013
- Adam Carroll - 2009 A1 GP Champion
- Des Foley - Nissan GT Academy runner up 2012
- Peter Bennett (aged 14) - Junior 1000 CC Championship contender 2015
What Can You Choose to Drive?
Our intensive 1/2/3 day packages give you maximum time in our cars (100 - 120 km/day) to learn as much as possible. Irish tarmac rallying is world renowned - come and learn from the best! You drive the following cars:
- Four wheel drive - 2014 Subaru WRX
- New Left Hand Drive Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ
- Rear wheel drive - Ford Escort Mark 2, BMW 325i, Nissan 350Z
- Front wheel drive - Ford Ka, Mini Cooper S Works
- Junior Drivers from 10+
You will be accompanied by an instructor at all times in the vehicle.
Selected weekdays and every weekend throughout the year. Weekend dates are always busy - book at least 2 weeks in advance.
Some vehicles have height and weight restrictions, please check when booking if in any doubt.
Rally School Ireland normally run in all weather conditions. Please call us if in any doubt.
Numbers On Day:
We can accommodate up to 4 drivers on the day along with any guests.
Spectators are welcome and can watch in our elevated viewing tower. Guests also have the option of taking lunch with the participant at an extra cost - €16 per adult and €8 per child.
Wear flat shoes or trainers which are comfortable for driving. Helmets and rally suits will be provided on the day.
"A brilliant day all the teaching/coaching was done behind the wheel. It was great fun you could go seriously quick with encouragement from your instructor. The high speed run with the instructor topped off the day for me!! Im saving from my next visit."
"Got the handbrake turn perfect into first and fully sideways on the way out, worth the visit just for that!!"